The most important tip we can give you about picking a repair shop is to NOT WAIT until you need one. No one makes great decisions at the grocery store when they go hungry, and even fewer make good decisions about a car repair shop when they are in desperate need.
HIGH PRIORITY TIP: Pick your auto repair shop LONG BEFORE you ever have an issue. Do your research now. Start visiting shops, speak to shop owners and employees and develop a relationship while there’s no pressure.
We’d like to personally invite you to swing by Fast Lane Automotive and meet Kevin, Anthony and Zach, as well as all our other talented and friendly employees. We are located at 6650 Hoffner Ave ,Suite C, Orlando, Fl. 32822. You are welcome to swing by unannounced if you’d like to see the shop or , if you prefer, feel free to call to schedule a visit! 407-270-1506.
In the mean time, here’s some other great tips!
- Ask for recommendations from friends, family, and other people you trust.
- Shop around and compare warranty policies on repairs.
- Ask to see current licenses if state or local law requires repair shops to be licensed or registered.
- Check with your local Better Business Bureau, chambers of commerce, and your state Attorney General’s Office about a record of complaints.
- Make sure the shop will honor your vehicle’s warranty.
- Search online business reviews, and visit the shop’s Facebook page if one is available.
- Look for a tidy, well-organized and professional facility. Shops, by nature, will have messy areas and grease issues. But as a rule, they should be well kept and under control.
- Make sure the shop works on your vehicle make and model and performs the types of repairs you need.
- Ask for the names of a few customers as references, and call them.
- Start with a small or minor job, such as an oil change or tire rotation.
For all your automotive needs, call the experts at Fast Lane Automotive! Call 407-270-1506 today to schedule your TOTALLY FREE oil change with a $29.95 car inspection!
Federal Trade Commission; Auto Repair Basics http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0211-auto-repair-basics
National Institute for Automotive Service Excellende http://www.ase.com/News-Events/Publications/Car-Care-Articles/Finding-A-Quality-Auto-Repair-Shop.aspx