Want to save money at the pump?! Check out these gas saving tips from the car service pros.
- Avoid high speeds. Drop your speed down from 75 mph to 62 mph to save 15% on your fuel.
- Don’t accelerate or brake hard. Keep steady on starting and stopping to save 20% on gas consumption.
- Check your tires. If your tires are under inflated or not aligned properly, your car’s engine has to work harder and will burn more fuel.
- Lighten up the load. Remove heavy loads from the trunk to improve your gas mileage.
- Don’t blast the A/C. When the air conditioning is on, your car uses 20% more fuel.
- Keep your engine tuned-up. Dirty air filters and low fluid levels can make your car less fuel efficient.
- Roll up the windows. Windows rolled down can increase the drag and decrease fuel efficiency by 10%.
For more fuel-saving tips, call us now for a FREE consultation! 321-236-9336
National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence; Gas Saving Tips for Your Auto http://www.ase.com/News-Events/Publications/Car-Care-Articles/Gas-Saving-Tips-for-Your-Auto.aspx
Gas Buddy, GasBuddy.com Top 10 Fuel Saving Tips http://www.gasbuddy.com/Data/Tips