See a scratch on your car? Don’t worry. Minor scratches, the ones that don’t go through the clear coat into the color, can be fixed! All you need is a rubbing compound from your local auto supply store, some lint free cloths, and soap and water. Then, follow the steps below.
- Wash the surface to move dirt. Use a lint free cloth with soap and water, then rinse soap and let dry.
- Next, apply a rubbing compound to the scratches. Put a dime sized amount with a lint free cloth and using a lot of pressure, then rub along the scratches until they disappear.
- Reapply the compound a few times if needed.
- Make sure there are no white streaks or cloudiness left behind from the rubbing compound.
- Finally, apply a dime sized amount of “Swirl Mark Remover” by 3M with a new lint free cloth.
For all your car care needs, call the experts at Fast Lane Automotive! Call us today at 321-236-9336 to schedule your FREE car care consultation.
Popular Mechanics; Car Scratch Remover and Repair Tips http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/g173/how-to-fix-a-car-paint-scratch/?slide=4
Instructables.com; Buffing Car Scratches Out by Hand