Remember ‘Wax on, wax off’ from “The Karate Kid” movie? Waxing and buffing your car can save you a bunch of money over time and prolong your paint job. Here are a few tips to make sure you wax your car properly.
- Apply car wax or paint sealant in the shade so the product doesn’t dry too quickly.
- Always apply car wax or paint sealant to a dry vehicle. Water drops can cause streaking.
- Apply the thinnest coat of wax you can! A thick coat makes the wax or sealant difficult to remove or cause streaks. Poly foam wax applicators are best to use for thin coats.
- Buff the haze away with a lint free or microfiber towel.
- Check the label to see how long to wait before adding another coat of wax. Usually, it’s 12-18 hours.
For all your automotive needs, call the experts at Fast Lane Automotive! Call 321-236-9336 today to schedule your FREE car consultation!
Autogeek.com; Car Wax Detailing http://www.autogeek.net/car-wax-detailing.html
Popularmechanics.com; How to Wax Your Car http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a10646/how-to-wax-your-car-16878051/